New Student Orientation
Camups Dining Quick Guide
Work hard. Play. Refuel.
UNM Food is proud to offer a wide selection of locations, menus, and meal plan options to satisfy your cravings! Here’s a short guide to making timely and important decisions about your meal plan.
- Consider your eating habits, housing assignment and class schedule (the locations you will be near during the day) to determine the best plan for you.
- Freshmen living on central campus in Residence Life and Student Housing or Casas del Rio are required to purchase a Full Access Meal Plan. To learn more about the freshman meal plan requirement see terms & conditions.
- Meal Plan charges will be posted to your bursar account one week prior to the start of the semester and your selection will be active the first day housing is open.
We look forward to having you on campus!
Welcome to your new kitchen! La Posada is home to your favorite cuisine and most loved options. Our chefs are passionate, creative, and dedicated to enhancing the food experience. La Posada Dining Hall includes featured stations devoted to meeting your dietary needs and preferences. Explore the cutting-edge features of our dining hall below:
- Twelve all you care to eat food stations and hundreds of recipes.
- Menus, nutritional, and ingredient information available online.
- Dietary accommodations and allergen avoidance:
- Rooted: is a plant-based stating that offers comprehensive and satisfying vegetarian and vegan options.
- Delicious Without: features exciting dishes made without the most common food allergens including peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, fish, shellfish, milk, wheat and, sesame, soy, and gluten.
UNM offers a variety of dining options and locations throughout campus. Select from a variety of markets, local, and national brands including:
- Blake's Lotaburger
- Cafe Lobo
- Draft & Table
- Einstein Bros. Bagels
- Mandalay Express
- Union Club Mercado
- University Club
Through combinations of Meal Swipes and Dining Dollars, Lobos can choose the right meal plan for their unique needs.
Meal Swipes may be used at select dining locations on central campus or to enter La Posada. Unlimited Plans come with three daily Meal Swipes to use at select locations across campus for on-the-go meals and include unlimited entries to La Posada. Weekly Plans may use their 10 or 15 weekly Meal Swipes to enter La Posada or on-the-go at participating campus locations. Community Plans also come with a select number of Meal Swipes to enjoy across campus or for entry to La Posada Dining Hall.
Dining Dollars are just like cash loaded onto your LoboCard for use at any food location on campus, including your national and local favorite eateries. All meal plans come with Dining Dollars and can be reloaded at any time. Dining Dollars do not expire between Fall and Spring semesters as long as you purchase a plan for both semesters; in this case, unused balances will expire at the end of Spring semester.
First-year, freshman residing on main campus (Casas del Rio and UNM Housing) are required to select one of the Full Access Meal Plans. Meal plans are purchased per semester and designed to conveniently load onto your Lobocard. Choose from Unlimited and Weekly options here.
Sign up for your meal plan or add Dining Dollars to your LoboCard through the online portal or by stopping by the LoboCard Office in the Student Union Building (SUB)
- Freshmen residents living on central campus, who have not selected a meal plan, will be auto assigned the Lobo Weekly 15 Full Access Meal Plan by August 21, 2023. Meal plan holders can change their plan to any eligible selection during the first 3 weeks of the semester. Once a meal plan has been selected, it will take a minimum of 3-5 business days before charges will appear on your Bursar Account.
- The deadline for the Fall 2023 semester meal plan changes is September 12, 2023. The deadline for Spring 2024 will be February 6, 2024.
- Unlimited and Weekly plans are active until the end of the academic semester (the last day of finals). Dining Dollar and Community plans are active for the academic year and expire at the end of the Spring semester.
- A $100 cancellation fee will apply when cancellations are made after the first three weeks of the semester